Reinforced gelling fiber dressings are sterile, non-woven calcium/sodium alginates consisting of a high M alginate in a cohesive fiber construction. As wound fluid is absorbed, the alginate forms a gel, which assists in maintaining a moist environment for optimal wound healing and the formation of granulation tissue.
- Type of dressing: Primary dressing.
- Change frequency: Up to 7 days.
- Highly absorbent gelling fibers.
- Cohesive fiber construction.
- May be used for the management of moderate to heavy exuding, partial to full thickness wounds, including: Pressure ulcers, graft and donor site, venous, arterial and diabetic ulcers, post-operative surgical wounds, lacerations and abrasions, cavity wounds, trauma wounds, superficial and partial thickness burns, control minor bleeding in superficial wounds.
- Contraindications: Dry eschar, third-degree burns, surgical implantation, heavy bleeding and individuals with known sensitivity to alginates.