3M™Tegaderm™ Transparent Film Dressing First Aid Style 1620.
- Designed for protecting skin and wound sites, and securing devices to skin, even in the presence of moderate amounts of moisture.
- Individually packaged and labeled for use in first aid kits
- Dressing consists of a thin film backing with a non-latex, hypoallergenic adhesive.
- The dressing is breathable, allowing good oxygen and moisture vapor exchange.
- Waterproof and impermeable to liquids, bacteria, and viruses.*
- Dressing protects the site from outside contamination.
- Tegaderm™ Transparent Film, with the "frame" delivery system, allows maximum versatility as it can be cut to any shape and size.
- Dressings conform to the body and flex with skin for greater patient comfort.
- Tegaderm film dressing allows easy monitoring of wounds without the need to remove the dressing.
- Tegaderm film dressing can be used to cover and protect catheter sites and wounds, to maintain a moist environment for wound healing or to facilitate autolytic debridement, as a secondary dressing, as a protective cover over at-risk skin, to secure devices to the skin, to cover first and second degree burns, and as a protective eye covering.
- Dressing can also be used for many other applications including I.V.s, chronic wounds, acute wounds, and skin protection.
- This dressing also features a convenient, pre-printed document label to note dressing changes.
- Dressing size is 2.375 x 2.75 inches/6 cm x 7 cm.
- 3M™ Tegaderm™ dressings consist of a semi-permeable polyurethane membrane with an adhesive layer.
- Advantages of these dressings are that they are permeable to oxygen, carbon dioxide and water vapor, but are impermeable to bacteria and environmental contaminants.
- They are non-absorptive and create an environment, which has been shown to enhance the healing process.
- By sealing in natural wound fluid, they prevent scab formation and dehydration of the wound bed, which can occur with conventional dry dressings.
- Transparent dressings provide an environment that allows epithelial cells to form more easily across the wound surface, reduces pain caused by wound dehydration, and increases patient comfort.
- Longer wear times of transparent dressings verses conventional dry dressings allow the wound to remain undisturbed and prevents disruption of the healing process.
*In vitro testing shows that the film of Tegaderm™ Diamond Pattern Film Dressings provides a viral barrier from viruses 27 nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage.
Tegaderm and 3M Health Care
Tegaderm began as a dressing based on a transparent film that would make it easy to see the site without the need to lift the dressing and expose the site to contaminants. When the most trusted name in transparent film dressings was expanded to advanced wound care and surgical site dressings, users knew the Tegaderm brand meant easy-to-use products that provide excellent value, support best practices and help improve patient outcomes.
For decades, hospitals, clinics, and laboratories have trusted 3M as a dedicated partner supplying essential products designed to meet the unique needs of health professionals, thereby contributing to the advancement of better health practices, outcomes and quality of care.